[llvm-dev] MLIR C bindings

Alex Zinenko via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 4 06:08:12 PDT 2020

Hi Luke,

nobody is actively working on an upstream C interface for MLIR at the
moment and I'm not aware of any external work in that direction either.
There is a GSoC project on providing Python bindings, which may or may not
go through C. One of the main issue is to find the proper approach to work
around MLIR APIs that heavily rely on templates, e.g. Builder APIs.

Also, MLIR community is significantly more active on Discourse -
https://llvm.discourse.group/c/mlir/31 - where more people may be able to
answer.

Best,

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 4:07 PM Luke A. Guest via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After compiling LLVM with MLIR, I noticed there is only one header file
> in include/mlir-c. Is there someone working on binding C++ to C? I'm
> needing a C interface as I'm not using C++.
>
> If there is an active repo somewhere where someone is working on this,
> can you link me to it?
>
> Thanks,
> Luke.

Alex