[llvm-dev] Multi-Threading Compilers

Doerfert, Johannes via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 26 08:26:43 PDT 2020

On 3/26/20 5:53 AM, Florian Hahn wrote:
>> It also doesn't solve the problem of Functions themselves -- those are
>> also GlobalValues…
>

> I am not sure why not. Function passes should only rely on the information at the callsite & from the declaration IIRC. For functions, we coulkd add extra declarations and update the call sites. But I might be missing something.

FWIW, I think deleting and creating functions (or globals in general)
should be hidden behind an API that would allow us to synchronize things
in parallel runs.

I don't believe there are many passes that would be affected and we
could "easily" make this happen. Hide the constructors and destructors
so that only the friend API can access it.