[llvm-dev] Find uses of Metadata / DITypes

Henrik Olsson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 25 04:01:32 PDT 2020

I'm looking for a way to efficiently traverse the Metadata structure in
reverse, or otherwise find DITypes that refer to another DIType. As an
example, say I have a DICompositeType describing a struct. Now I want to
find other DITypes containing this type, e.g. a DIDerivedType describing
its pointer type, or another struct containing this struct as one of its
fields. Is this possible in LLVM today? Would it be unreasonable to save
Metadata to Metadata uses, like what is done for Value to Value uses?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Henrik