[llvm-dev] GSoC Interested Student:Encode Analysis results in MachineInstr IR, Slimmer project

PRAKHAR BANSAL via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 22 15:29:40 PDT 2020

Hello All,

My name is Prakhar Bansal and I am a graduate student in computer
engineering at Iowa State University.
In my research work, I have worked on Memory access monitoring of an
application using the LLVM static analysis framework, where I developed a
tracing tool using an LLVM module pass to perform tracing across multiple
functions using call graph analysis and also implemented static
instrumentation using LLVM APIs, to finally generate memory accesses trace
for a program.

For GSOC'20, I am interested in working on either of 2 research projects
that are based on llvm, First is encode analysis results in MachineInstr
IR, second is finishing the Slimmer Tool to find potential performance bugs
in programs.
I checked the details of the existing work to learn about the Slimmer tool,
but I am looking for more information on requirements, and help with
resources on both of these projects.
Thank you.

Regards,
Prakhar Bansal