[llvm-dev] large slowdown in DAGCombiner::MergeConsecutiveStores

Jeff Bezanson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 20 11:58:12 PDT 2020

Thanks for those references. I tried this with a ~1 week old master and
indeed the situation is much better. It's now about 2x slower than 6.0.1.
The extra time is still in MergeConsecutiveStores. Do you think there's any
scope for further limiting the work done there? The performance is now at
least tolerable though.

Many thanks to everyone who has looked into these issues; this makes a big
difference for some interesting Julia use cases.

-Jeff