[llvm-dev] Passing arguments to LLVM pass through Clang

Shishir V Jessu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 17 11:22:11 PDT 2020

Hi Benno,

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately, I don't think the -mllvm flag is
doing what I need.

Specifically, I am adding to the LowerTypeTests optimization pass in LLVM.
When I invoke this pass with opt, there is a command line option called "
lowertypetests-read-summary", which allows me to specify a file name. I've
added a similar option, that takes a filename as input and opens that file
to obtain some information necessary to do the pass.

It looks like -lowertypetests is not a pass that -mllvm recognizes, so I'm
not able to input arguments to this pass using -mllvm. In fact, it doesn't
seem like *any* of the passes that -mllvm recognizes can be invoked
with opt. Do
you know if there's some code I can modify that will allow -mllvm to
recognize this pass? Or is there a better way to get clang to send the
filename input to my pass? Thanks so much for your help!

Best,
Shishir Jessu