[llvm-dev] GSoC: Improve parallelism-aware analyses and optimizations

Abhay Raj Singh via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 10 04:27:37 PDT 2020

Greetings everyone,
I am Abhay Raj Singh, a 2nd-year student at NIT Hamirpur, Bharat(India).
I am very interested in the project titled "Improve parallelism-aware
analyses and optimizations"

I would like to apologize for contacting so late I had midterm examination,
finished recently.
I have taken a course on OpenMP from YouTube which was supported by Intel

I have ~4-5 years of experience with C++ and ~2years with "Modern C++" and
STL.

I have contributed to some C++ projects like:
C++ Pipes (https://github.com/joboccara/pipes)
- Added stride feature (https://github.com/joboccara/pipes/pull/24)
- Optimized code (https://github.com/joboccara/pipes/pull/25)

cxxopts(https://github.com/jarro2783/cxxopts)
- fixed a bug (https://github.com/jarro2783/cxxopts/pull/205)

Inkscape(my graphics designing software)
- fixed several bugs and optimized API in the Pull request linked below
(https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/-/merge_requests/1446)

some of my own projects are
cppm (https://github.com/istenith/cppm)
CSC19 (https://github.com/istenith/CSC19)

I believe the reasons I am a fit for this project are:
- Ability to write generic code
- Knowledge of internal workings of *C++*, *compilers*, and the
*platforms(hardware
concepts)*
(ex.TMP, constexpr, RAII, RVO, cache lines, move semantics, undefined
behaviors, thread-safety, etc.)

*Which I came to know about, by closely following C++ communities and
events such as cpplang.slack.com <http://cpplang.slack.com/>, CPPcon, core
guidelines <https://isocpp.github.io/CppCoreGuidelines/CppCoreGuidelines>.*

Although, I have already started going through the code base and will soon
push some bug fixes.

Can you please suggest how to proceed with this project.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhay