[llvm-dev] GSoC - Improve parallelism-aware analyses and optimizations

Johannes Doerfert via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 9 14:59:28 PDT 2020

Hi Emanuel,

you took the first step already, you emailed the list :)

You should start with a small task so you can see how the process works.
One would be to work on the TODO in OpenMPOpt.cpp line 366:
  // TODO: We should validate the declaration agains the types we expect.
The idea is that we match runtime calls there and we know what types
they should have (as part of their definition in OMPKinds.def). However,
for now we do not verify the types match the function we found with the
respective name. Does this make sense?

Feel free to look around that area and ask questions you might have.

You should also read documentation like
  https://www.llvm.org/docs/Contributing.html
  https://www.llvm.org/docs/CodeReview.html
  https://www.llvm.org/docs/Phabricator.html
  https://www.llvm.org/docs/CodingStandards.html
and always feel free to ask on the list or in IRC questions :)

Cheers,
  Johannes

P.S. Given your autotuning experience you should consider the "ML"
     topics as well.