[llvm-dev] GSoC - Improve parallelism-aware analyses and optimizations

Emanuel Lima via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 9 14:02:06 PDT 2020

Hello! My name is Emanuel and I am an undergraduate student from Brazil (at
the University of São Paulo) wanting to participate in this years GSoC on
LLVM. Specifically, on the "Improve parallelism-aware analyses and
optimizations" project.

I currently do research on autotuning of LLVM IR optimization passes and I
am sitting for a class about parallel computing, but I have been studying
the subject by my own for some weeks. I think I have an intermediate level
of C++, but that is kind of difficult to measure. It would be my first
contribution to open source, so I don't have much to show :(

In a sentence, I have a lot of passion, but not much experience, so I am
writing to know if this is a deal breaker :(

If not, what would be the next steps?

--
Emanuel Lima