[llvm-dev] llvm-link has no --allow-multiple-definition

Eli Friedman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 9 12:24:06 PDT 2020

Despite the name, llvm-link isn't really a proper linker.  If you need symbols to get resolved exactly the same way an ELF linker would resolve them, I would recommend using lld.

It's possible to write a pass plugin that hooks into the LTO pipeline.  http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html describes this.

-Eli