[llvm-dev] Contributing LLD for Mach-O

Dave Lee via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 3 07:36:18 PST 2020

Hi Shoaib,

Has there been any recent discussion with anyone on Apple's side? Is there
a way forward that results in a single unified open source linker? If not
at the start, how would it work if they later want to take maintainership?

Have you thought about a compatibility test suite? If so, I'm curious what
the approach will be.

Also for what it's worth, there's a recent fork of ld64's recent source
drop, which is optimized for incremental compilation. It also uses non-STL
data structures, parallelism, and a disk cache. See
https://github.com/michaeleisel/zld