[llvm-dev] Contributing LLD for Mach-O

Shoaib Meenai via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 2 11:22:20 PST 2020

We’re hoping to get some linking speedups, similar to how LLD for ELF and COFF ended up being faster than the existing system linkers, though of course it’s hard to say how ld64’s design and efficiency compares to those other system linkers. In particular, we’re excited about the potential of speedups from parallelization and using the LLVM data structures instead of the STL ones.