[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Phabricator Maintenance

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 26 07:25:37 PDT 2020

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 12:54 AM James Henderson via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> 2) Typically in our Phabricator, the description and summary of a patch is
> considered to be roughly what goes in the final commit message (same with
> Github). However, updating said commit message isn't possible to my
> knowledge without force-pushing in Github (which as discussed elsewhere in
> the thread causes other problems).

you can definitely edit your PR description in GH.  The thing is that your
commit message and PR description are mostly unrelated.

Your PR description is initialized from the commit message of the first
patch you push.  But you can edit it via the GH UI by clicking the three
dots.

When you go to finally merge your PR, you then have another chance to edit
it (and you usually have to since it joins all commit messages together
into a single string, whereas I almost always just want the original PR
description)