[llvm-dev] Inclusive language in LLVM: can we rename `job` in source code?

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 23 08:57:19 PDT 2020

Agreed.
While we are at it, we should also show our support of LGBTQP+ community. After all we wouldn't want to get cancelled like JKR after her transfobic tweet.
How exactly should such changes in LLVM look is up to discussion but there's a perfect example from a related issue: female/male (connectors). Apart from the fact that there's no such thing as gender (in a biological context) it's also confusing because even those who explicitly identify as women don't necessarily have to be "on the receiving end". Ergo, proper replacement terms would be active/passive.
- P.A.

---------- Původní e-mail ----------