[llvm-dev] Restrict qualifier on class members

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 21 21:43:28 PDT 2020

Unfortunately https://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#llvm-loop-parallel-accesses-metadata
is not a solution here. A loop-parallel access does not imply
non-aliasing. The obvious case is when only reading from a location,
but even when a location is written to I'd be careful to deduce that
they do not alias since it might be a "benign data race" or the value
never used. Additionally, LLVM's loop unroller is known to now handle
noalias metadata correctly as it just copies it.

There has been a discussion here:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-May/141587.html

Michael