[llvm-dev] FileCheck

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 18 11:32:39 PDT 2020

Two questions:

1) Has anyone thought about adding a new “make check” configuration / envvar that enables more verbosity, which CI would enable but normal humans haven’t?  The CI configs could be set to dump the whole file.

2) Instead of dumping the entire input by default, would it be reasonable to change the default “make check” to have  FileCheck print the 10 lines before and after the mismatch?  Most problems are close by the check failure.  If you want to check extra fancy, dump the CHECK-LABEL region.

The combination of both seem like significant usability improvements for both CI and humans.

-Chris