[llvm-dev] FileCheck: using numeric variable defined on same line with caveats

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 15 07:33:40 PDT 2020

Before addressing the CHECK-NOT case, I’m still unclear about the DAG case.

What should the first DAG line match?  The regex matching would first attempt to match “10 12” but the expression evaluation would fail; so the DAG candidate wouldn’t match; does this mean the DAG matching does not continue searching, and the test fails?  Or would we restart the search…. where?  With “0 12” (skipping only one character from the previous fail)?  In that case it would ultimately match “12 13” from the first line.  Or would it skip the entire previous candidate, and start searching at “ 13”?  In which case it would ultimately match “10 11” on the second line.

In any case (if the first DAG ultimately matches something), the third DAG line would match the first previously unmatched text in the DAG search range, which would be either “10 “ or “10 12 13” from the first line, depending on the answer to the previous paragraph.
--paulr