[llvm-dev] Tracking miscompilations in LLVM using its own unit tests

Eli Friedman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 4 09:56:31 PDT 2020

Can you give an example of a bug related to pointer comparisons?  As far as I know, pointer icmp is the same as integer icmp, and all transforms are consistent with that.  And it would be a serious issue if std::less was broken.

(There are a couple bugs where we can rewrite a pointer with one origin to a pointer with a different origin, but that's not really the same issue.)

-Eli