[llvm-dev] [PROPOSAL] Introduce a new LLVM process to resolve contentious decisions

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 3 10:01:05 PDT 2020

On Jun 2, 2020, at 9:54 PM, Mehdi AMINI <joker.eph at gmail.com> wrote:
> This was a mistake, fixed.
>
> I missed that this was changed, I was excited about a Discourse category for this! In particular the second point of the doc points at llvm-dev@ being a problem as the current forum for such discussions.
> If Discourse is a no-go (?), then having a separate mailing-list would seem better to me: if only for archiving/searching/tracking such discussions (but Discourse is much better that the mailing-list archives anyway).

Hi Mehdi,

I’m personally also in favor of using Discourse in general, but we as a community haven't converged on that decision.  Until a decision is made on that (likely using this process) I think we should stick with llvm-dev as it is the defacto place to have discussions, even given all of the problems it has.

-Chris