[llvm-dev] Is there precedent for customizing clang -help output in a toolchain specific way

Snider, Todd via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 24 12:36:40 PDT 2020

Hi All,

I am looking to customize the -help display for a downstream clang port as many options defined in Options.td are not applicable to the processor family I'm targeting and several applicable options do not have HelpText.

I've considered adding a toolchain specific hook in the vicinity of Driver::PrintHelp(), but I'd rather avoid adding a hook if there is a better solution that already exists.

Is there a best practice for enabling a toolchain to control the output of the clang -help option?

~ Todd Snider