[llvm-dev] Windows vs Mac/Linux distribution discrepancy

Alex Denisov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 23 11:00:03 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

I’m trying to port some code built on top of LLVM/Clang to Windows,
however I just discovered that the precompiled versions from releases.llvm.org
are missing all the libLLVM* and libclang* dlls. Also, some tools (e.g. opt) are missing on Windows as well.

I’m curious whether it’s a technical limitation (i.e. certain things don’t work on Windows),
or something else?

For the others out there building cross-platform tools based on LLVM:
how do you deal with this issue? Am I supposed to build LLVM myself there?

Cheers,
Alex.