[llvm-dev] Getting LLVM Instructions

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 20 12:46:02 PDT 2020

I'm not sure that LLVM's bitcode format would natively support just a
handful of Instructions, rather than a whole llvm::Module.

If you really want just a handful of instructions, maybe text is the
way to go - it sounded like you were serializing whole functions, at
least - which could be copied/cloned/moved into a standalone
llvm::Module and serialized from there. If it's only select
instructions, then maybe text is fine? Or maybe you can summarize the
information you want from the call more succinctly than LLVM's textual
representation.