[llvm-dev] Getting LLVM Instructions

Yugesh Kothari via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 20 03:18:39 PDT 2020

Hi,

I am working on a project where I need to get a list of llvm Functions that
were called during an execution (for futher analysis).
To do this I have maintained a vector<llvm:: Function*> which I print out
to a .ll file at the end. However this takes a lot of time since the number
of call Instructions is HUGE.
I feel that the bottleneck is the conversion from llvm:: Function to
std::string

How can I speed this up?

I don't necessarily need it in .ll format, if there is a way to dump the
entire llvm::Function object as a byte stream to a .dat file and read it
back as objects in a separate script, that would work too. I'm not sure how
to do this (tried few things didn't work), any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!