[llvm-dev] Upgrading LLVM's minimum required CMake version

James Y Knight via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 16 18:20:31 PDT 2020

Please, no more waiting on CMake versions in distro LTS releases. We have
been *way* too conservative already, waiting this long.

Downloading and building a local copy of cmake is trivial. You don't even
need to install it. Anyone who is developing and building LLVM can
definitely manage it. Not only that, kitware even has an official apt
repository -- you can install a deb if installing that seems easier for you
(https://apt.kitware.com/).