[llvm-dev] [Beginner] Understanding Tablegen language

Madhur Amilkanthwar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 15 11:03:01 PDT 2020

 I use --print-records and then search for opcode name or pattern name and
then look for "PatternToMatch" key. It is close to the map you're looking
for.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 11:27 PM Thomas Lively via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Adding -debug to a -gen-dag-isel run can also print useful information
> about the parsed patterns.
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 10:44 AM Matt Arsenault via llvm-dev <
> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>

>> > On Jul 15, 2020, at 13:33, Rotate Right via llvm-dev <
>> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Is there a backend to Tablegen which can dump a map of
>> pattern-to-matched to instruction-to-be-generated?
>> > --help doesn't seem to indicate anything like that.
>>

>> If you run tablgen with no arguments, it produces the fully expanded
>> tablegen. You can directly view what ends up getting interpreted there
>>
>> -Matt

*Disclaimer: Views, concerns, thoughts, questions, ideas expressed in this
mail are of my own and my employer has no take in it. *
Thank You.
Madhur D. Amilkanthwar