[llvm-dev] RFC: Bugzilla migration plan

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 10 10:46:32 PDT 2020

> Over time, the bugs alive today will end up with two references, 1234
> and 5678 and it will be confusing which bug you're talking about.
Yes, I agree, this might be a problem, however I'm not 100% sure we
could reset the counter. Still we will see if we could ensure the same
numbering during the migration (e.g just keeping first ~250 bz issues
in the archive and try to continue the numbering in the llvm-project
repo). But at least the redirect would provide the mapping as a last
resort.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University