[llvm-dev] RFC: Bugzilla migration plan

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 10 08:09:27 PDT 2020

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 09:11, Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> 3. Wipe existing issues and pull requests

Does this really wipes the "auto-increment" IDs used by PRs and issues
and starts from zero again?

> 4. Migrate all issues from llvm-bugzilla-import to llvm-project using
> GH API. Github will take about llvm-bugzilla-import/issues/1234 =>
> llvm-project/issues/5678 redirects

If we're setting a redirect, PR1234 wouldn't hit #5678. We either
guarantee that the IDs will be identical or we'll need a smart
redirect that will know the delta (or 1:1 relationship).