[llvm-dev] [RFC] Compiled regression tests.

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 7 08:15:17 PDT 2020

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> Am Mo., 6. Juli 2020 um 08:55 Uhr schrieb David Greene <david.greene at hpe.com>:
>> Is the behavior of CHECK-SAME documented anywhere?  It's not on the main
>> FileCheck web page.  I assumed it started over from the beginning of the
>> line but now I'm not sure.
>
> https://www.llvm.org/docs/CommandGuide/FileCheck.html#the-check-same-directive

But that doesn't say whether multiple CHECK-SAME directives each start
looking at the beginning of the line or whether they continue form where
the previous CHECK-SAME left off.  To me it makes the most sense if each
CHECK-SAME starts from the beginning of the line and it would also seem
to be much simpler to implement it that way.  If it indeed works that
way, then CHECK-SAME can be used to check things disregarding order
within the line.

                   -David