[llvm-dev] [RFC] Compiled regression tests.

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 1 22:40:46 PDT 2020

Am Mi., 1. Juli 2020 um 13:59 Uhr schrieb David Greene <david.greene at hpe.com>:
> > CHECK-DAG does not help here since what changes is within a list on the
> > same line, and we have no CHECK-SAME-DAG or CHECK-DAG-SAME. Even if we had
> > it, the actual line that changed is textually the same and FileCheck would
> > need to backtrack deep into the following lines for alternative placeholder
> > substitutions. It would look like
> >
> > CHECK-SAME-DAG: ![[ACCESS_GROUP_INNER:[0-9]+]]
> > CHECK-SAME-DAG: ,
> > CHECK-SAME-DAG: ![[ACCESS_GROUP_OUTER:[0-9]+]]
>
> Would this not work?
>
> CHECK-SAME: ![[ACCESS_GROUP_INNER:[0-9]+]]
> CHECK-SAME: ![[ACCESS_GROUP_OUTER:[0-9]+]]
>
> I don't think CHECK-SAME is sensitive to order within the line.  This
> works for me in my metadata tests but maybe I've just been lucky.

AFAIU this will assume ACCESS_GROUP_INNER to appear before
ACCESS_GROUP_OUTER since CHECK-SAME will continue matching at the
column where the previous match stopped, thus have the same result as
written in the same line. If CHECK-SAME starts over at the beginning
of the line  ACCESS_GROUP_OUTER/ACCESS_GROUP_INNER will both match the
same.

Michael