[llvm-dev] Codifying our Brace rules-

Quentin Colombet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 1 09:55:17 PDT 2020

Hi,

> On Jul 1, 2020, at 6:23 AM, James Henderson via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> At the very least, I accept clarifying the wording to make it clear where braces should/shouldn't be used. I personally would still prefer a general "always add braces in new code" rule,

FWIW, +1 on always using braces.
I like having more compact code without the braces but at the same time, LLVM is the only code base that I work on that doesn’t always have braces. Thus, the benefits are not worth the mental gymnastic for me.

I am not saying we should update all the code but I think going forward we could adopt this rule and eventually all the code will migrate.

Cheers,
-Quentin