[llvm-dev] Sending bot emails to both Git authors and committers

Petr Hosek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 31 14:46:21 PST 2020

When committing changes on behalf of other contributors, I've started
setting the author in Git to be the change author. I think that's better
for attribution than just including "Patch By: username" in the message
which is default for arc, especially now that we're finally using Git.

However, I've noticed that when the change breaks bots, emails are sent
only to the author, not the committer. I think that's counterintuitive
because the author in these cases doesn't even have permission to revert
the change (otherwise they would have pushed the change themselves).

Can we modify bot notifications to either send the email to committer or
(preferably) both?