[llvm-dev] Auto-upgrade review request

Kaylor, Andrew via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 30 13:03:04 PST 2020

Hi all,

I've got a patch up on Phabricator (https://reviews.llvm.org/D70096) that auto-upgrades our handling of the strictfp attribute. Currently this attribute can be set on a call site independent of whether it is set on the enclosing function. We'd like to change that and have the auto-upgrader replace "dangling" uses with the nobuiltin attribute, which is functionally equivalent for such cases.

I think everyone involved with the strict FP work is in agreement about this, but none of us have much experience with the auto-upgrader and so no one has been comfortable approving the patch. I'm not sure I put the changes in the right place.

Can I get someone to look at the patch and give it a thumbs up or thumbs down?

Thanks,
Andy