[llvm-dev] RISC-V disassembly doesn't seem to know about multiply instructions

Simon Cook via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 30 03:46:18 PST 2020

Hi Sam,

I'm wondering in this case whether for the disassembler we should be
using a different default that explicitly enables all the standard
extensions to match what it looks like GNU binutils objdump is doing (I
note we already do this for extracting compressed support out of the
e_flags field in ElfObjectFile.cpp)?

I know there is the .riscv.attributes section that gas now adds that
stores this information, which we could use at some point to autoenable
the correct feature subset, but it looks like LLVM doesn't yet generate
or support parsing that. Do we know if anyone has been working on or
plans on adding support for that.

Thanks,
Simon