[llvm-dev] Question about ObjectSizeOffsetVisitor::visitGlobalVariable

George Burgess IV via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 29 17:13:46 PST 2020

Looks like the commit that added that was
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/16e42128c24f5df8a61cfd2e6cdf3bd3966db0c5
. A reduced example might look something like this:
https://godbolt.org/z/r4G_g-

At the C source level, static object size detection has to be similarly
conservative in the face of 'variable-length' structs like `struct
my_string { size_t size; char data[0]; };`, though I don't know how
relevant that is here.