[llvm-dev] Proposing a llvm-patch helper script in-tree to create/apply patches without arc

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 21 09:39:10 PST 2020

I went for years without using arc.  The workflow was basically:

1) git format-patch -U999999 HEAD~1
2) Go to the phabricator website and click Create Patch
3) Click Browse and find the patch file that was emitted in step 1.
4) Copy/paste the description of the patch from step 1 into the box.
5) Add reviewers.

It doesn't sound like the proposed script saves you all that many steps.