[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Phabricator -> GitHub PRs?

Doerfert, Johannes via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 15 11:24:29 PST 2020

On 01/15, Nicolai Hähnle via cfe-dev wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 11:41 AM Renato Golin <rengolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We rarely approve some patches and not others in a series, and when we
> > do, we ask people to create a new series without the approved patch,
> > or split them, so that we can continue reviewing the series.
>
> This has simply not been true in my experience. Actually, not having
> to re-send a new series is one of the main advantages that
> Phabricator-based review has over the original review style for Git,
> which is to send patch series via mailing lists.
>
> It might be the case that you occasionally have series where major
> redesigns are required, and then asking for a fresh start makes sense.

There is an (ever growing) patch series that connects contributions by
multiple people with patches in all sorts of states, from merged to WIP:

The first was this one https://reviews.llvm.org/D69785, since then the
series grew in all directions (see the stack).

I have other (=smaller) patch series that evolve over time but this one
is the biggest and most complex.