[llvm-dev] Loop Opt WG Meeting Minutes for Sep 11, 2019

Bardia Mahjour via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 9 08:13:19 PST 2020

Hi Evgenii,

The specific issue that we ran into turned out to be related to expansion
of a remainder instruction which caused it to not be considered by RA
rematerialization. However the example you provided falls into the general
category of problem with LICM and live range extension, which is where we
started from. I don't know the details but looks like when determining the
cost of a sink or rematerialization we need to take a more holistic view
than doing it on an instruction by instruction bases. Is that possible?

Adding Hussain to the discussion as well.

Bardia Mahjour
Compiler Optimizations
IBM Toronto Software Lab