[llvm-dev] Increasing address pool reuse/reducing .o file size in DWARFv5

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 8 13:26:55 PST 2020

On some previous occasion that introduced additional indirection
(don't remember the details) my debugger people groused about the
additional performance cost of chasing down data in a different
object-file section.  So we (Sony) might be happier with low_pc as
expressions, than with a ranges-always solution.

But hard to say without data, and getting both modes in at least
as a temporary thing sounds like a good plan.
--paulr