[llvm-dev] Adding a clang commandline option to change backend behaviour

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 6 13:11:51 PST 2020

Mostly I've only worked with debug info - so anything that I need passed
down to the backend goes into MCOptions, MCAsmInfo, and things like that.

If you want to affect the way LLVM middle end optimization passes behave,
that may require a different channel (might find some options on the
LLVMContext? Maybe, but maybe not - perhaps those sort of parameters get
passed straight to the passes in some way)