[llvm-dev] Encode target-abi into LLVM bitcode for LTO.

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 5 22:23:46 PST 2020

If this is something that can vary per file in a compilation and resolve
correctly when one object file is built with one ABI and another object
file is built with a different ABI (that seems to be antithetical to the
concept of "ABI" Though) - then it should be a subtarget feature.

ABI is generally something that has to be agreed upon across object files -
so it wouldn't make sense to link two object files with two different ABIs.
What's going on here that makes that valid in this case?