[llvm-dev] Loop Access Analysis

TADIKAMALLA VIJAY via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 5 05:24:29 PST 2020

Hi all,
I found a solution to the problem I asked in a previous mail.
The question was: How to identify and classify if dependence is a
loop-carried or loop-independent dependence.

So to determine the type of dependence, we can calculate the *dependence
distance vector.*
In Loop access analysis, this value is calculated and stored in the
"Distance" variable.
If the Distance is equal to zero, then the dependence is loop-independent;
otherwise, the dependence is loop-carried.
This method can also be extended to determine if a loop can be parallelized
or not.

Thank you.
Vijay Tadikamalla