[llvm-dev] IBM C/C++ and Fortran compilers to adopt LLVM open source infrastructure

Kit Barton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 25 09:47:57 PST 2020

Hi Tom,
To be perfectly honest with you, you're getting into some of the details
that we're in the process of working out. In general, we intend to support
compiling source files in different code pages and allow users to create
ASCII and EBCDIC programs with string/char literals in multiple code pages.

To answer your specific questions, our current clang-based compilers do not
support #pragma filetag or #pragma convlit. We do however have support for
#pragma convert.

Our intention is to commit all of this upstream, subject of course to
discussion and review with the community.

We'll be sending an RFC to the dev lists when we are ready to start
upstreaming our work. That RFC can include some more details about some of
these features.

Thanks,

Kit