[llvm-dev] The AnghaBench collection of compilable programs

Florian Hahn via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 22 12:53:54 PST 2020

> On 22 Feb 2020, at 20:30, Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira <pronesto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Florian,
>
>    we though about using UIUC, like in LLVM. Do you guys know if that
> could be a problem, given that we are mining the functions from
> github?

If I understand your approach directly, I think the question will be quite tricky to answer.  I am not a lawyer and cannot help there, sorry!

>> Have you thought about integrating the benchmarks as external tests into LLVM’s test-suite? That would make it very easy to play around with.
>
> We did not think about it actually. But we would be happy to do it, if
> the community accepts it.

IIUC the mined benchmarks would fit quite well and should not be too hard to integrate (as external). But it would probably be good to have the license question answered, otherwise that might limit its practical usefulness.

Cheers,
Florian