[llvm-dev] amount of camelCase refactoring causing some downstream overhead

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 18 14:00:32 PST 2020

As others have said, our long standing policy has been that downstream
projects must fend for themselves.  We're certainly not going to reverse
that policy without careful discussion of the tradeoffs.

I'm personally of the opinion that there could be a middle ground which
allows upstream to move quickly while reducing headache for downstream
projects.  Given I wear both hats, I know I'd certainly appreciate such
a state.  However, it's important to state that such decisions would
need to be carefully considered and would require some very careful
drafting of proposal to balance the competing interests at hand.

If anyone is curious, I'm happy to share some ideas offline on what
starting points might be, but I have neither the time nor the interest
to drive such a conversion on list.

Philip