[llvm-dev] [job] MLIR/LLVM Compiler Engineer

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 6 13:38:00 PST 2020

Hi all,

We have a few openings at the moment, I figured I'd advertise a bit!

At Google, We are building generic retargetable compiler framework that
will allow large range of machine learning applications to benefit from
diverse hardware acceleration.

Google is an "AI first" company, and we are making major investments to
build infrastructure for existing accelerators such as TPUs and GPUs as
well as the coming wave of "edge" accelerators for mobile, automotive, AIY,
and other low-power applications.
We are looking for talented engineers to help us build the next generation
compiler for ML frameworks (TensorFlow, JAX, S4TF, …). This effort is
driven by the increased generality of accelerator hardware and programming
models, as well as the need to enable rapid bringup of new devices -
sometimes with wildly different capabilities and target markets.
While our primary customer is in the ML domain, most techniques generalize
to other domain and share similarities with HPC and distributed systems. To
support our goal, we created the MLIR framework and continue to develop it
within LLVM, while leveraging it to build products and delivering solutions
to our internal users.

== Job responsibilities ==

In this role you will contribute components of the compiler framework
including the open-source MLIR implementation: infrastructure, compiler
analysis and transformations. You will also be involved in projects using
MLIR, like TensorFlow graph optimizations, TFLite graph converter, and code
generation for accelerator using LLVM. We have a range of opportunities to
match candidates with different levels of experience.

We are looking for software engineers with background and strong interests
in compiler and systems work. Some familiarity with machine learning is a
plus but not required. Experience with LLVM is very appreciated, as well as
experience with other compiler frameworks.

Contact us: mlir-hiring at google.com

Cheers,

--
Mehdi