[llvm-dev] [10.0.0 Release] Release Candidate 1 is here

Rainer Orth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 6 07:08:10 PST 2020

Hi Hans,

> It took a bit longer than planned due to master being a somewhat
> unstable at the branch point, but Release Candidate 1 has now been
> tagged as llvmorg-10.0.0-rc1.
>
> Source code and docs are available at https://prereleases.llvm.org/10.0.0/#rc1
>
> Pre-built binaries will be added there as they become available.

I've already uploaded Solaris 11.4/AMD64 and Solaris 11.4/SPARCv9
binaries to releases-origin.llvm.org some time ago.

While amd64-pc-solaris2.11 results are en par with the LLVM 9.0.0 ones
(some failures fixed or xfailed since then)

  Expected Passes    : 54488
  Expected Failures  : 180
  Unsupported Tests  : 2409
  Unexpected Failures: 23

the sparcv9-sun-solaris2.11 ones are horrible compared to the 9.0.0 ones:

* 9.0.0 final:

  Expected Passes    : 48477
  Expected Failures  : 180
  Unsupported Tests  : 1443
  Unexpected Passes  : 1
  Unexpected Failures: 382

* 10.0.0 rc1:

  Expected Passes    : 47959
  Expected Failures  : 186
  Unsupported Tests  : 1615
  Unexpected Passes  : 1
  Unexpected Failures: 4278

A large number of those only occur for non-SPARC targets (something I
usually don't test at all), and even the buildbot is way way better with
only 51 unexpected failures.  However, that one only does a 1-stage
build where errors due to Bug 42535 don't occur.  Still, comparing
master results on Solaris 11.5/SPARC for all targets between a 1-stage
build with gcc 9.1.0 and a 2-stage build shows a similar pattern:

* 1-stage:

  Expected Passes    : 53734
  Expected Failures  : 205
  Unsupported Tests  : 2495
  Unexpected Passes  : 1
  Unexpected Failures: 228

* 2-stage:

  Expected Passes    : 45756
  Expected Failures  : 205
  Unsupported Tests  : 2495
  Unexpected Passes  : 2
  Unexpected Failures: 7303

I fear this is effectively impossible to analyze let alone fix for the
10.0.0 release.

	Rainer