[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] RFC: Switching from Bugzilla to Github Issues

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 3 09:51:07 PST 2020

On Monday, February 3, 2020, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
please don't.

as jacob says that will be yet another project that libre ethical
developers plus individuals who have not received authorisation and are
under explicit instructions never to register on social platforms plus
iranian and other developers will be prevented and prohibited from
interacting with llvm at a basic and fundamental level: bugreporting.

plus: do not be offended, i am deliberately raising the "thorny"
perspective if you know what i mean (because almost without a doubt noone
else will).

consider this: what kind of message does it send to developers wishing to
contribute to a project if the admins are so... "incompetent" (strong word,
you know what i mean) that they cannot self-host their own infrastructure,
independent of corporate and other control?

the way i see it: as maintainers of high profile mission critical
infrastructure for the entire planet's software we have a duty and a
responsibility to be fully independent and impartial, with no corporate
sponsors or services that may be pulled at any time and blackmail
effectively deployed with zero warning.

what happens if the US decides that *yet another* country is to be added to
their Trade and Sanctions War?

you really want to place the bugtracker and hosting at the mercy and
political whim of not just a corporation but of one of the most
irresponsible governments of the 21st century?

moo?

:)

food for thought.

l.