[llvm-dev] Question about state of the repository

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 28 09:33:28 PST 2020

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 9:11 AM Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I was about to push a revision and did my customary
>
> > git log origin/main...HEAD --oneline
>
> Here is what it displayed:
>
> 48dfad4d2e7b (HEAD -> main, bang) [TableGen] Fix bug in !interleave
> operator
> 496fb70b141c (origin/main) [MachO] Fix enum-int mismatch warning
> e73f885c988d (origin/master, origin/HEAD) [PowerPC] Remove redundant
>     COPY_TO_REGCLASS introduced by 8a58f21f5b6c
> c3b9d85bd4b7 [clang-tidy][NFC] Remove unnecessary headers
>
> What is going on with the third commit?

The `...` you're using in `git log` shows you the difference between your
local branch and the remote. So all these commits are the ones that are in
either but not both.
If you just want to see your local change not in the remote branch, you
need to use online two dots: *git log origin/main..HEAD --oneline*
This last syntax is equivalent to *git log ^origin/main HEAD --oneline*
And HEAD is also implicit so you can write:
git log origin/main.. --oneline
or: git log ^origin/main --oneline

--
Mehdi