[llvm-dev] Phabricator bugs w/ the "repository" field when updating patches via web interface

Mark de Wever via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 17 06:51:25 PST 2020

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 04:01:57PM +0200, Martin Storsjö via llvm-dev wrote:
> When updating existing patches via the web interface, the "repository" field
> is behaving spuriously. If the field already is set, when updating a patch,
> it still shows up as filled in at the last stage of the upload process
> (where it shows the full form for editing info about the review), but after
> submitting the updated patch, the field is cleared (which means no premerge
> checks runs on the update).
>
> Readding the field doesn't retrigger the premerge checks runs (not at least
> for libcxx), so to get the checks to run, one either has to reupload the
> patch again, manually setting the repository field on the second upload, or
> manually editing the review to clear the repository field before uploading,
> so that one can re-set it on the next patch upload again.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing the same? Is there a fix for Phabricator for
> keeping the field set while updating patches via the web UI, so that the
> premerge checks can run properly on updated patches?

I recently ran into the same issue and it seems updating patches in the
webinterface doesn't trigger a CI build. At Louis' request I recently
switched to arc. For me arc always triggers the CI build.

Luckily my patch set was a lot smaller than yours.

This seems to be a known issue documented at
https://github.com/google/llvm-premerge-checks/blob/master/README.md
    The builds are only triggered if the Revision in Phabricator is
    created/updated via arc diff. If you update a Revision via the Web
    UI it will not trigger a build.

Cheers,
Mark