[llvm-dev] RFC: Contributing Bazel BUILD files in the "peripheral" support tier

Stella Laurenzo via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 9 21:40:54 PST 2020

Agreed. As a practical point of human dynamics, my view is that as a group
diversifies in its membership, perspective and motivations, it becomes
increasingly impractical for peer-to-peer consensus to be the only way to
resolve discussions. As a relatively new member of the community, I find it
comforting to know of the existence of such a process and the fact that the
community feels that they can use it/trust it prior to the point that real
damage gets done.

Mehdi: I don't think there is any problem continuing to discuss those
technical points. In fact, it may be easier to do so now that we are making
a point to move past there being two sides to the debate that may feel a
bit entrenched. If any further clarity emerges, that seems like it would
enhance the proposal.